WhatsApp is the largest using text applications these days on the planet.
It’s a peer to peer message sent and received platform. You can share text-based messages.
After downloading the application now you need to install the application on your device.
After Installing, now there are few more steps to use the application. Make sure to create an account on the platform.
WhatsApp has now become over 1.5 billion users. You can imagine the database of the WhatsApp
There are tons of other messaging application also there then why WhatsApp grow itself so big.
In this article, I’m gonna breakdown some of the major reasons why WhatsApp is so successful not even the other applications yet.
As I already covered a lot of things about the platform, you can learn in my previous articles.
WhatsApp is easy to use platform where you can’t even send and receive the text-based messages, even you can share media files, documents, audio files, and yes location as well.
You can share the live location of your current position.
Make sure to download the application from PlayStore or AppStore and start using the platform.
I’ll try to give you a brief explanation about why WhatsApp is so popular. Some of these metrics will help you to make a perception of the platform.
Want to learn more?
Here are some of the major reasons why people adopting the online free message platform when there are tons of other alternatives also there.
1. It’s easy to use and the interface is clear. You don’t see any popup ads or anything that may ruin your experience.
You just need to open the application and navigate the WhatsApp contact you want to send the messages, type your text message, and sent it to that person.
2. You can’t even send the boring text messages, you can even share a lot of things.
You can share media files as well. You can share images and videos on the platform. You can share the location so that you can track your loved ones.
3. You can share documents files so that you won’t miss any important docs. Before this feature, you need to open your email and then need to send the email but WhatsApp made it simple.
4. It’s an alternative to SMS. Before WhatsApp, companies charged for the text messages, you need to pay if you want to send someone text message.
But now it’s pretty easy, you don’t need to spend any additional cost for that.
You just need to open the WhatsApp application, navigates the user you want to send a message, type your text, and send it to that user.
5. When the platform was initially launched, it had cost around $0.99 a year.
This means you need to pay $0.99 if you want to use it for another year.
This means you need to renew the service. I don’t think any of you ever paid that amount.
Even I didn’t pay a single cent to WhatsApp because it auto-renewed it’s service on its own.
6. Now WhatsApp has tons of more features. You can do a lot of things on the platform.
You can live talk on data calls. Sometimes you may need to talk to someone in regards to anything then you don’t need to do an actual call, instead of that you can do free audio as well as video calls and the best thing is it’s free.
You can’t even call on domestic rather you can call people on international as well.
7. Have you ever tried to create a WhatsApp group?
Have you ever tried to create a broadcast list?
Yes, you can create a WhatsApp group and broadcast list as well.
You can discuss with your loved ones by creating groups and broadcast lists as well.
8. There are tons of other messaging application and websites also there but you know What WhatsApp got an initial boost just in replacement of the normal text messages and other application that only supports to certain operating systems.
9. When the application was initially launched it had a focus on mobile users only and at that time there were tons of other competitors also there but they mostly focused on the PC not on mobile, later they converted their service into mobile as well.
There are billions of mobile devices and major people using android devices that are also can be a reason for getting instant popularity of the mobile application.
Want to learn more?
10. Now WhatsApp is using the business API, means if you have a business and you want to promote your business then business API can help you in do so.
If you’re a small business owner then make sure to download the WhatsApp for business application on your mobile device.
Create an account and add your service or products to your business account portfolio.
You can set customized messages for your customers. When someone will leave you a message he/she will get that customized message.
If you have a giant industry or you can afford a paid API then you have an option to purchase the plan as well. You can live track your customers and your customers can also track you live.
11. You don’t need to add people as a friend list on your WhatsApp contacts. You just need to save someone’s contact number, make sure that contact should have a WhatsApp account, and boom!
That person will now add on your WhatsApp contact.
12. WhatsApp is getting tight on its privacy concern.
This means you no longer spam the platform by bombarding the same repeated or spammy links.
You need to be natural if you want to keep your account safe.
There are tons of people who are facing the issues of getting banned from the platform because these people used to do spam on the platform.
Privacy is the main concern and WhatsApp using E2E encryption. This means no one can decrypt your messages, not even WhatsApp itself.
When WhatsApp initially announced that it’s using E2E encryption then there will be huge growth in its downloads.
Want to learn more?
13. WhatsApp was initially started gaining popularity among youngsters. The application is fully secure and it’s most prominent for women users around the world.
You can quickly block someone and also you can report to any user if he/she harassing you or doing anything that violates the community guidelines.
It creates trust and credibility in the user’s mind.
Trust is everything that people looking for. If people have trust in your product then there is no need to spend tons of money on acquiring people.
14. Other applications need a fast internet connection but WhatsApp knew that outside the US market there is a huge opportunity to expand its service that’s why they limited their service to work even better on 2G connections as well.
This means if you have a 2G connection even then WhatsApp was working fine and till now. If you have a low data connection then also you can use the WhatsApp application as well.
These are the major features of the most popular application on the AppStore and PlayStore.
Now come to the main concern why it’s getting so much popularity and what is the reason to get so much boost on its users.
Major reasons for getting a boost:
1. The first one and major reason were as I already told it’s simple to use interface.
This means you don’t need to do a lot of things on the platform.
You just need to install a simple application on the platform.
Register with your device number and start using the platform.
It’s simple and ad-free platform makes the application more reliable and easy to use.
2. You don’t need to remember the boring username and password and don’t even need to note down somewhere like we used to do in other messages applications like skype as an example.
Security is the main concern as I already cleared, the application is fully secure, no one can break the privacy of the application. Not even WhatsApp itself can read your messages.
3. The application is high focuses on few functionalities, which means you won’t be able to find tones of features like games, stickers, animations, etc. It strictly focuses on text messages and communicating with other people.
4. The platform continuously upgrading its service and testing along with what’s working and what’s not working.
You can see the changes, the application changes itself from its initial launch and now it has lots of other functionality as well.
5. The best part of the application is that it’s free to use.
You don’t even pay a single penny for that. You can simply download and start using the platform.
When the application was initially launched it has only $0.99 need to pay but after acquiring by Facebook it doesn’t need to pay a single penny for using it.
6. WhatsApp is so reliable and user-friendly that people started promoting the platform by word of mouth and you know what word of mouth is.
The best way of expressing and marketing things than any other way.
It’s so much easy to use that everyone started using the platform and also asking the same “are you on WhatsApp?” before taking their number.
Want to learn more?
Now something special for you as well:
We should learn something new from the company. Here are the points that we should also implement the same on our business in order to succeed fast and make billions.
1. We should create a user-friendly platform and should genuinely solve the issues. We should think early as soon as possible in order to succeed fast.
2. You should first focus on creating a free product if possible and later when you’ll get some users or customers you can charge them.
Make sure to keep your price low if you really can. If you want to succeed fast then make sure to create a freemium product but also maintain the quality as well.
3. Make sure to focus on quality and all of your features should be up to the mark. When you’ll do so you don’t need to pay money on getting users, it’ll viral on its own.
4. Make sure to laser focus on one single issue in a single product. Don’t hotchpotch your self and your users with tons of features.
Make sure to strictly focus on building and generating a user-friendly and easy to use the product.
These are the points that you always need to take care of while creating a product for any issue.
Want to learn more?
I hope you enjoyed the article. It’s all about the WhatsApp growth.
There are tons of other things need to discuss but I think it’ll take the article to longer and I also don’t want to bore you by providing too much text over there.
WhatsApp is really a great platform and continuously growing its users. If you still not using the platform then you’re losing most of your potential customers.
Make sure to install the application now and start using the platform as early as you can.