Once the application will install, make sure to register your account. Once the account will register, make sure to start connecting with your friends and family.
WhatsApp is a text-application, it’s not a social media platform. Make sure about that.
You can’t even send and receive the boring text, even you can do a lot of things on the platform.
You can share media files like images and videos, you can share your live location with your loved ones, you can share the document files as well etc.
Every platform has it’s own pros and cons, similarly, WhatsApp has also its pros and cons.
In this article, I’m breakdown some of the best pros and cons you can consider while using the application.
These pros and cons will help you to decide how you should use this application, make sure to stay with me and I’ll teach you each and everything about the platform that necessary for you to use the application effectively.
In this article, I’ll explain the pros and cons of the application. Make sure to stay with me and I’ll teach you each thing about the platform.
Want to learn more?
1. Pros of using WhatsApp application:
Using WhatsApp application has lots of benefits. I’ll explain some of the core benefits of using the application.
Make sure to take a look at all the points mention down below.
1. WhatsApp application allows you to connect with your friends and family members.
You can connect on WhatsApp text messaging application. You don’t need to pick your mobile each time in order to connect.
You don’t even need to connect on call each time.
You can simply connect on text messages and also you can send and receive a message with your friends and family.
2. Now WhatsApp supports a lot of features. you can’t even talk on text messages, you can even connect on audio and video calls as well.
In order to connect on audio or video calls make sure to choose the contact you want to connect.
After that, you need to click on the audio or video icon you want to connect. After that, you can talk to someone on audio and video calls.
3. WhatsApp security is too much high. No one can easily get access to the application.
WhatsApp is using the high end 2 end encryption technology. Means no one can hack WhatsApp messages and not even the audio and video calls as well.
4. Instead of opening the mail for sending the important documents you can send files on WhatsApp.
Make sure to click on the attachment icon you can find at the right of the chatbox.
Once you’ll click there, it’ll show you a bunch of different option, make sure to hit the attachment option. Once you’ll click the attachment option it’ll ask you to choose the file, make sure to choose the relevant file you want to send then hit the send button.
Want to learn more?
You can send as many files as you want. Make sure to use this feature in order to send your important files.
5. Are you looking for a way to connect on audio or video calls?
Now you don’t need to use the separate application for that.
Make sure to select the contact you want to connect, once the contact will select, make sure to choose the audio or video option you want to connect.
After that, you need to press the button and WhatsApp will send the audio or video call to that person.
Make sure to use the application in order to connect on audio or video calls.
6. Sometimes we may need to showcase our feeling to someone, we usually post on other social media platform for showing what we feeling now.
But wait here is the feature of WhatsApp application. Now you can share images and videos on WhatsApp stories.
Make sure to open the WhatsApp application and click on the middle screen icon.
You can easily find the stories option. Make sure to hit that button and attach a story you want to share. Either you can share images or videos as well.
7. If you’re a parent or someone who care about his/her loved ones then make sure to use the navigation feature on your WhatsApp application.
Make sure to click on the attachment icon you can find at the right of the text message screen.
Once you’ll click there it’ll ask you to click one of the options shown. Make sure to hit the live location option.
When you’ll hit share live location it’ll ask you to for how long you want to share the location.
Make sure to choose the relevant one and send the live location.
With the help of the live location, you can easily track your loved ones ou can easily assume where the person right now.
8. You can also share the voice notes as well. Sometimes you may not comfortable in typing the text messages.
Here is the deal, make sure to use the voice note feature.
For using this feature you need to hit the mic icon you can find on the text box.
Once you’ll hit the mic icon it’ll ask you to record the message. Make sure to record the message and after that release, the button and your message will send.
Want to learn more?
9. WhatsApp is easy to install and it’s small in size. Make sure to install the application on your device.
It’ll not even take much space. Even if you have a slow internet connection, still you can use the application. You can send the messages and also can receive as well.
10. WhatsApp has a feature called WhatsApp wallpaper or also called as the WhatsApp screen.
Means you can customise the chat screen according to your need. Make sure to use this feature in order to get access to beautiful screens.
11. If you have a business then there is one more application for you.
Make sure to install the WhatsApp for the web application on your device. Once the application will install, you can explore tons of different features in it.
Make sure to add your business on the application and start promoting your business on various groups and you can also embed the WhatsApp API on your application or website if you have one.
Make sure to use the WhatsApp for business application on your device.
It’s just one click chat option. When someone will click on it, he/she can easily initiate chat even from his/her laptop or PC as well.
12. If you don’t want to share your privacy with your contacts and other people then make sure to hide the privacy of your friends and family.
In order to hide the privacy make sure to go to settings of your WhatsApp application.
Once you’ll reach on settings, make sure to go to accounts and then privacy.
Here you can customise your privacy as per your need.
If you want no one will be able to view your profile, your status and even the profile image then make sure to set it accordingly.
These are the pros of the application. Now we will move forward and let’s talk about the cons of the application.
Make sure to stay with me and let’s deep dive into the detail of the most popular application on the planet.
2. Cons of the application:
There are tons of disadvantages of application hope the company ill later solve out these issues you may also face.
1. WhatsApp requires your contact number once, means if you register with your phone number once, you can each time use WhatsApp without any security measure.
That means if you accidentally lose your device or your siblings will get your device then most probably your WhatsApp account get hacked.
In order to protect this, WhatsApp should give a unique ID or password so that each time we will log in or use the application, it’ll ask that code.
2. We use to share the personal information on our WhatsApp contact in case if our phone will get into the wrong hand that means our data may be compromised.
3. You can use your WhatsApp account one device at a time.
Means if you want to use the WhatsApp application in your other device then you first need to log out from your first device then only you’ll be able to register on another device with the same number.
If you use the WhatsApp web then it needs to be online of your main WhatsApp account, only then you can log in to the second device.
Whereas other platforms like the telegram, messenger and hangout can work independently on other devices as well.
4. If you’re shortage of your phone battery and want to connect on WhatsApp web then make sure you can’t do that because you’re already disconnected with the active internet connection.
In order to login to your WhatsApp web, you need to connect the internet connection.
Make sure you have an active internet connection in order to connect on WhatsApp web.
Make sure to connect the WIFI or mobile data but your mobile will continuously be connected with the internet.
5. WhatsApp saves your media like images and videos on your phone media.
Means actually anyone can get access to your WhatsApp media.
WhatsApp has recently rolled out a feature where you can hide the media from your gallery but still, there should be an option to hide the media from file manager as well.
Want to learn more?
Other applications don’t allow getting access to media. If you don’t want to compromise on your WhatsApp media then make sure to hide them with media hide application or any other third-party application.
6. WhatsApp allows you to take the backup of your WhatsApp data.
Either you can save the backup on cloud or you can also save the backup on your mobile device as well.
There is a limitation in the backup, you have the only option to save the backup, either you can save it to Google device if you’re using the android device or you can use the iOS if you’re using the iPhone.
Means there are tons of different options also there WhatsApp doesn’t have an option for other cloud services.
7. WhatsApp is using end to end encryption, means no one can read the messages in between sending and receive the messages.
What about audio or video call logs.
We know audio and video calling is also encrypted means no one can easily hack the audio and video calls.
Still, what you think about the call logs.
Means WhatsApp may read your call logs and also the behaviour of using the WhatsApp application, whom you’re contacting and lot’s of other data as well.
8. If someone has your contact number then anyone can send you a text message even if you don’t know him/her.
Sometimes you may come across to the situation, you got lots of messages on the most popular text application on the planet.
These messages you may receive from unknown people. WhatsApp has not a feature of sending the request first then only you may decide whether you should respond to that or not.
WhatsApp should roll out this feature in order to secure the privacy of its users.
These are the pros and cons of the platform.
Hope you read the full article and now you have an idea whether you should use the platform or not.
Make sure it’s up to you whether you should use the application or not.
Want to learn more?
If you think WhatsApp is ugly or sexy it still captures the market and now you can see the platform did lots of changes.
What do you think about the platform? Are you using WhatsApp or any other alternative?
If you have any question or suggestion please mention inside the comments down below.
Make sure to read my other articles about WhatsApp and Instagram as well.
Make sure to share this article on various social media sites and YES! on WhatsApp as well.